ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE!!!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Family

The one and only good thing about funerals, that I can think of, is that you get to see and visit with family members. You don't realize how much you actually miss someone until you get to see them again and catch up on old times. I have such a great time with my Miller cousins, some of my best memories are about time spent with them. It was so great to see everyone! I was kind of a slacker this Christmas season and I haven't been much into the whole "spirit" of it all this year. Maybe it's because my Grandma wasn't there, maybe it's because my mom fell while delivering goodies to a neighbor and broke her femur (yes you heard me right!) or maybe it's because I hate winter. Who knows, but I didn't take any pictures of any of the fun Christmas festivities we always take part in, although we still took part in all of them, I just didn't care to capture any of them on camera. I will probably regret this down the road, I really don't feel bad about it right now though. Anyways, I did take lots of pictures at the funeral and when I was going through them, I found myself smiling! So I'm making this a post about my "Miller" side of the family. I know that this might not mean a lot to many of my blog followers but it's means the world to me and I know that when I look back on this post years from now, I will be so happy that I captured this day and memory with lots of photos!

The boys looked so handsome at the cemetery.

Ry, myself and my cousins: Jared, Liz, Natalie and Dwight.

Steph, her hubby Ty and their little girl, Chloe.

Nat, Jeff and I

Uncle Jim, Aunt Shannon, cousin Micheal, Mom and me.

Me, J, and Heath.

Little Joe and I (He's not so little these days!)

Mom and I.

Dad and I.

One of the many quilts that my Grandma has made. ( we have one similar to this that she made Ry and I for our wedding, I absolutely love it!)

Here is a shot of her old softball shoes and the old style softball. (I wonder where Skyler got all of her skills??? No Brainer!!!)
A picture that I took of my Dad and Grandma about 1.5 years ago. Priceless!

And last, but certainly not least, a shot of my Grandma and me, this honestly has to be one of my favorite pictures that I have ever taken. Love you Grandma!

1 comment:

Rachel Lovato said...

What a sweet post. I am sure it is hard to be 100% in the holiday spirit when you have lost a loved one. Hope you are doing well and looking forward to 2012.